Your Privacy Rights
This website is owned and operated by Axletree Press, LLC (referred to in this policy as “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
We know that your privacy is important to you, and we want you to know that it is important to us, too. We created this policy to explain the types of information we collect through the shakespearesbeehive.com website and the various social networking platforms that we may use (each, a “site”), how we will use, disclose and protect this information once it is collected, and how you can opt-out of some of our uses and disclosures of your personal information. By visiting this site, you consent to this policy as it may be amended from time to time.
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this policy:
- If you are located outside of the United States, you should know that the information you provide to us is being transmitted to us and processed in the United States and will be protected subject to this policy and United States laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country. Also, this site places cookies on your computer or device which are further described below. By using the site, you agree to this.
- California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California consumers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you wish to receive a report of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
- This policy does not apply to personal information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than through this site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person, except that your rights to receive a report of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes applies also to the personal information that we collect offline.
- As our business evolves, this policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
Opt-In and Opt-Out
You may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by email. You can opt-out of our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the email you receive. You can opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that, even if you opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Also, to stop receiving promotional messages from third parties who already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
What information is collected on this site?
“Personal information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We collect personal information such as your name; organization affiliation; postal address; email address; billing information; and associated purchase and site browsing history. For example, we collect personal information when you sign up to receive emails from us; make an online purchase; sign up to become a member of this site; contribute to the members-only forum on this site; or submit a comment or question to us using the “Contact Us” feature on this site.
A “tell-a-friend” tool provided on this site and/or in our emails may allow you to send information about this site to another person. When you use these offerings, we may ask you for personal information about the other person, and that personal information will be protected pursuant to this policy.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit this site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to this site, the pages and content you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next website you visit when you leave this site, and any search terms you have entered on this site or a referral site. Among other things, this information enables us to generate analytics reports on the usage of this site. To opt-out of your site usage being included in our Google analytics reports, you may follow these instructions.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on this site to collect additional information about your site visits. For example:
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our web pages.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners, in which case the usage data is received by them. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your site usage information to other information about you, including your personal information.
This site does not collect information that is used for behavioral advertising. Therefore, this site does not process “Do Not Track” headers that are transmitted by web browsing software.
By using this site, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- enabling users to use this site and its features
- processing and fulfilling your transactions
- administering this site and your account with us
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- developing new features and offerings on this site
- sending you communications, including information about offerings and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you.
- protecting our rights and property
- recovering debt and preventing fraud
- customizing this site to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal information and site usage information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, this site, our emails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
We may maintain a presence on social networking and blogging platforms and we also may incorporate some third party social networking features onto this site. Through these platforms and features, we may receive some personal information and some site usage information about you, and this policy applies to that information, as well. In addition, third party social networking platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how the third parties that provide them will use and protect your information. In accordance with those policies (and your privacy settings within your social networking accounts) information about your activities on this site (such as “John Smith read our book”) may be published to your social network.
Do we share personal information and site usage information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on this site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us and sharing what you voluntarily post to our members forum with other members, we may share your information:
- with our payment processing partners, for their use to process your payment transactions, in accordance with their own privacy policies. Your payment card number is transmitted straight to them, and they do not make it available to us.
- with our e-commerce partners (e.g., Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google Play and iTunes) for their use in facilitating your purchases from them, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- with third parties for their marketing and other purposes, unless you tell us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-In and Opt-Out section above.
- with our co-sponsor(s) if we obtain your information in connection with a jointly-sponsored contest, offering, or other promotional activity.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law.
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable site usage information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Your Access Rights
You may review, update or modify certain of the personal information that is stored in your user account on this site (if you have one) by logging in to the “Member Area” of this site or by contacting us using the “Contact Us” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to have us delete your personal information is subject to our records retention policies.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive personal information collected via this site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by email or using web forms like the “Contact Us” feature on this site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. Please do not transmit your payment card information to us via these means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account on this site, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Do not use the “Remember Me” feature to store your account password on your computer or device if you are using a computer or device that is also used by others you do not trust. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
If we believe that the security of your personal information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please email us at email@example.com.
This site may contain links that lead to other websites, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, and iTunes, as well as links to other websites that contain information or research relevant to the content on this site. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each website visited after leaving this site to learn about how your personal information is treated by others.
We may change this policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your personal information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an email to the email address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Axletree Press, LLC
P.O. Box 1623
New York, NY 10028
Effective Date: April 13, 2014